CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Do you "Just Dance"?

My teamies and I made a recent find on YouTube that has been a TOTAL blessing for all of these rainy (where is the snow!?) indoor recess days. Instead of letting the kids wreck my room play in centers for indoor recess, we have been dong Just Dance videos on our projection screen.

OH.MY.WORD, people. This is the best idea since peanut butter and jelly! The kids beg to do it every day, even if we don't have indoor recess. The best part? The students are exercising!

My class really likes the Just Dance 1,2, and 3, but there is also a Just Dance Kids, for the younger ones. I was a little cautious about some of the songs that my students wanted to dance to because I was afraid that it would have the explicit lyrics, but the game designers took most of those out of the songs. However, I will caution you to not do the Black Eyed Peas Experience, because it does contain explicit lyrics. My students also LOVE the Michael Jackson Experience, especially Thriller. It's so funny to watch them dance around. Check out this video I took of them just a few days ago. They were dancing to Willow Smith's "I Whip My Hair." Enjoy!





6 comments:

Mrs. Alexis

Good times indeed!!!!!!!

Unknown

I just discovered your blog! I'm your newest follower and am awarding you the Liebster Blog Award! To find out all about it check it out here: http://secondgradesweets.blogspot.com/2012/03/ive-been-award-liebster-blog-award.html

Brittany
Sweet Seconds

Think, Wonder, and Teach

That is such a great idea! I love it!! Stop by and visit me... I am having a giveaway for 50 followers. It ends tomorrow.

Mrs Poland
Think, Wonder, & Teach

The Colorful Apple

Such a great idea! I just found your blog, looks great!

Sara :)
Smiling In Second Grade

YearntoLearn

Cute, get them up and moving.


Yearn to Learn Blog

Mrs. Alexis

I just want to see if i did this right. Oh and I need your help with my button. LOL...still learning. Love u!!

Mrsalexisbutterflies

Post a Comment